Friday, December 7, 2012

Fire Safety

Last week Kyle learnt about fire safety at school.  He came home and right away told us that we had to practice our fire drill.  So I told him we would after dinner.  Everyone had to go in their beds and we set our test alarm off.  The plan was for Gary to grab Benjamin, me to grab Devon, and Kyle to go on his own to the tree in the front yard.  As Kyle was running to the door he wanted to stop & grab his jacket and his boots but I let him know that if there is a fire there is no time to grab that.  So he just went in his bare feet to the tree.  He was not impressed.  "I don't like this.  I'm cold."  Then he asked what we were supposed to do once we were at the tree.  I said we'd go to the neighbours and let them know our house is on fire and could we come inside and call 911.  Gary laughed at me and said that he didn't think I'd be that calm but I didn't really want to scare Kyle.  A couple days later Kyle came home from school and said that we did the fire drill wrong because we are supposed to feel the door first and then if it's hot climb out the window.  He asked if we could do another drill but I thought the neighbours might start wondering so said we'd do it another time.

1 comment:

Fire Extinguishers Nevada said...

Fire safety measures are very important to any one at any place whether at home or at work. This is because of the damage that fire can cause to property and to life.

Fire Extinguishers Nevada