Friday, April 20, 2007

Thursday, April 19

Benjamin was very restless today. His hand had to be pinned to the bed since he kept trying to grab his ventilator. It looks so sad but I’d rather have the nurses do that than him get re-intubated. We found out that Benjamin does not have an infection so that is great news. He was just tired from trying out CPAP. I hope that Benjamin settles down so that he can get more periods of restful sleep.

Kyle sleeps a lot now. He is like a newborn. Awake for feeds and a bit after and then back to sleep until the next feed. Last night he decided he didn’t want to be held by Mommy or Daddy. He kept desatting and I told him he’d have to behave or he’d go back in his isolette. Well, he kept at it and the nurse came over and said he’d have to go back in his isolette and I told her that I thought so too. I put him back in and his saturation level went right back up to 95% and he promptly fell asleep. What a little boofer.

No comments: