Thursday, February 6, 2014

Yes, I'm back after taking a break from blogging for a bit.  I've had really low iron and it makes me super tired so I haven't really felt like blogging.  I've been trying a few different iron pills and eating iron rich food but so far I haven't found the right one.

Devon has been having health issues with his stomach since October.  In October we ended up in the ER because he was doubled over screaming in pain and I thought it might be appendicitis.  It wasn't thankfully but ever since then he's had stomach aches basically every single day for 1/2hr - 1 hour and has lost 6lbs since October and just isn't eating very well.

So a couple weeks ago I went to the dr with him and we got referred to a pediatrician.  In the meantime we got more bloodwork done and another x-ray done.  We got in within a week to the pediatrician.  We got the bloodwork back and went over it with the pediatrician.  Apparently Devon has low hemoglobin a in his blood which is quite rare and so it makes any testing for auto-immune diseases invalid.  So our blood testing for celiac did not work out.  So now he has to get a biopsy done at BC Childrens.  But in the meantime he put him on a laxative to help with his severe constipation.  We started on Friday and by Monday he didn't have stomach aches.  Also Monday he decided that he was going to wear underwear.  Well, he has been clean for 3 days now.  He did have an accident this morning but I think he was too busy and went to the bathroom too late.  Tonight he had a stomach ache again but it didn't last as long as before so I'm hoping it was just a one time thing.

I still can't believe he is toilet trained now.  We have been trying off and on for 1 1/2 years and it just never worked.  Now that his stomach aches are mostly gone he decided to just train himself.  Obviously it had something to do with him not being able to be toilet trained at first. I'm just happy that I only have 1 in diapers now:)

No comments: