Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Right now it's been a busy few weeks of trying to get everything in place for Benjamin to go to school!  Training EAs, getting the care plan done, teaching how to use the walker, new private physio, trying to find a new walker, etc, etc.  It has been a stressful time as this is all new to me but it will be worth it when I see Benjamin's huge smile on Friday.  Yes, Friday is the first day of school for him.  I'm so excited for him!!  I'm a little worried as he hasn't been in a school setting in 1 1/2 years and when he went to VBS he kept throwing tantrums in the craft room.  But he has been really patient with everyone learning.  At times there were 5 adults in our house all trying to learn about Benjamin and then he was really tired after that.  He's also outgrown his walker so I'm working on setting up a time to try out some new walkers.  I came across a few on the Internet that I like & Motion Specialties has those so we are going to be trying them out in the next couple weeks.  He has been doing so good with walking.  He just got the ok from the orthopedic surgeon a few weeks ago to start weight bearing and we already went for a 1/2 hour- 1 hour walk with him and he did amazing!! I'm so proud of him!!!  I'm looking forward to seeing which walker fits him best and getting a new one.  I wish I could just get it right away, but I have to learn patience too.  These things do take a bit of time;)

No comments: