Monday, February 14, 2011

Benjamin is doing about the same. We got told this morning that they don't want to try anything until Thursday to give his lungs a chance to rest.

For some reason when we went to see him this morning we both got this feeling that he's a little "off" today. I'm not sure why and can't explain it. It's just something about him that isn't the same as yesterday. In my mind it's a bad thing but when we mentioned it to the nurses they couldn't think of anything that is different. I'm praying that this isn't some sign from God that something is going to happen. It's hard not knowing why we have this feeling.

Benjamin's sedation isn't working as well anymore so they have switched him to a different medication. Hopefully that will help him be less agitated. He seems to be waking up more often and is very agitated when he's awake now. Please pray for peace for him that he may be less agitated.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though our kids don't know yours, they (and us) are all praying for you as a family, and especially for Benjamin to get better...keeping you in our thoughts and prayers each waking hour of the day, the M. Pronk Family

Anonymous said...

Deuteronomy 33:26,27 "There is none like unto the God of Jeshurun, Who rideth upon the Heaven in thy help, and in His excellency on the sky. The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms..."
Praying for His peace to be in your hearts... with wisdom He has designed a plan, in His almighty power He will make it happen, and in His love, He will provide everything you need along the way. With Christian care, John, Jen and fam

Barb Delviken said...

Praying for PEACE for Benjamin and for Strength, Hope and Faith for Mom & Dad.

Anonymous said...

This song made me think of your Benjamin.....


I'm down on my knees again tonight
I'm hoping this prayer will turn out right
See there is a boy that needs Your help
I've done all that I can do myself
His mother is tired
I'm sure You can understand
Each night as he sleeps
She goes in to hold his hand
And she tries not to cry
As the tears fill her eyes

CHORUS:
Can You hear me?
Am I getting through tonight?
Can You see him?
Can You make him feel all right?
If You can hear me
Let me take his place somehow
See, he's not just anyone
He's my son

Sometimes late at night I watch him sleep
I dream of the boy he'd like to be
I try to be strong and see him through
But God who he needs right now is You
Let him grow old
Live life without this fear
What would I be
Living without him here
He's so tired and he's scared
Let him know that You're there

CHORUS

Can You hear me?
Can You see him?
Please don't leave him
He's my son

Anonymous said...

Dear Gary and Greta is it a blessing to see that your Faith is strong in the Lord in these uncertain times .We think and remember you all in our prayers .May the Lord bring healing to Benjamin and give him comfort while he is resting .May He give you as parents the strength you need every hour in these difficult times .Love Dad and Eleanore and family .