It's 3:45 p.m. and we are at Children's Hospital. We have talked to the doctors today and Benjamin & Kyle's surgery is tomorrow morning at 8:15 a.m. Both boys are doing good. Benjamin might not be getting surgery tomorrow as the pressure in his blood vessel is too high. We don't really understand this so if there's anyone who reads this and understands what they are talking about, could you please explain it? All we got is that the blood is shunting to another part of the heart and if they close the duct then the pressure will increase even more. They are probably going to do another echocardiogram and then decide whether to do the surgery or not. Kyle is for sure going for surgery although things change in a hurry around here.
Kyle likes being bundled by the nurses and looks very peaceful. They are trying to put an arterial line in right now.
Benjamin was also supposed to have an arterial line put in but they had trouble putting it in and are going to try again in a bit. He looks comfy in his isolette although they have pink sheets. We thought this was kind of funny.
Gary & I are staying at the Heather House- a hostel in the hospital here- for the next couple of nights. We are both very worried but otherwise doing well.